At Feed Your Console we believe that the protection of your personal information is and has always been a top priority. Feed Your Console’s Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information can be broken down into the 10 principles covered in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
- Feed Your Console is responsible for personal information under its control. We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
All Feed Your Console employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, Feed Your Console will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner. An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and email address of the person in order to send email updates and posts.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
Feed Your Console will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product or service. Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
In determining the type of consent to obtain, Feed Your Console will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations. You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
4. Limiting Collection
- The collection of personal information by Feed Your Console will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law. It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Feed Your Console will protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a “need to know” basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to individuals.
9. Individual Access
- Upon request, Feed Your Console will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under the age of eighteen, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of eighteen, we will remove that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a person under the age of eighteen, please submit your questions or comments via our Contact Form.
10. Contacting us and/or Challenging Compliance
- For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments, or to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please submit your questions or comments via our Contact Form.
Feed Your Console will inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints about its inquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
Of course, this Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws and Feed Your Console’s right to change it at any time.
# We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. The third-party advertising technology that we use on this Web site uses information derived from your visits to this site to target advertising within this site. In addition, our advertisers may use other third-party advertising technology to target advertising on this site and other sites. In the course of advertisements being served to you, a unique third-party cookie or cookies may be placed your browser. In addition, we use Web beacons, provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage and optimize our online advertising. Web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site, to learn which banner ads bring users to our Web site and to deliver more relevant advertising. To “opt-out,” please click here.