Marvel’s less well known team of superheroes the Guardians of the Galaxy are getting the video game/movie combo workover with their upcoming box office debut on August 1, 2014.
Immerse yourself in a completely original storyline inspired by the film, Guardians of the Galaxy, in this sci-fi action role-playing game that takes the Guardians and their allies on an intergalactic adventure to recover the five pieces of The Universal Weapon!
Players will initially take on the role of Star-Lord as he rallies his rag-tag crew—Rocket, Groot, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer to engage in gesture-based team combat. Follow the story to to unveil the identity of the Guardians’ shadowy nemesis.
In Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon players will be able to:
- Build a team of Guardians and their allies while directing them in gesture-based real-time battles
- Go head to head with a roster of villains like Korath, Nebula, and Ronan
- Unlock an original story inspired by the film and reveal the identity of the Guardians’ shadowy nemesis
- Dive into 6 inter-galactic worlds with more than 60 unique levels at launch
- Play through the story in Battle Mode then switch up their team for battle in Arena Mode
Watch the trailer here:
Players can start building their galactic adventure by downloading the game for $4.99 from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Windows Phone Store and for $7.99 on the Windows Store. The game will be launching on the Amazon App Store soon.