UPDATE: A few minor misunderstandings were originally published in this article – we have clarified the following with Zack Cooper. Affiliation to Fan 590 is only via Zack – this is not an official Rogers Communication event, the Name is also just a coincidence. Prizes will be dependant on the number of registered players. Early Bird registration may be closed but you should still register online.
Toronto’s local Radio Gaming and sports Voice Zack Cooper, from the Fan 590’s* “Got Game” radio show/podcast brings you “We Got Game!“, which is one step closer to your dreams of being a semi-pro gamer, this upcoming weekend (November 5th and 6th, 2011 from 10am – 7pm) tournament, at The E-Zone.
We Got Game will be running team matches for all those FPS fans out there consisting of: Black Ops, Gears 3 and Halo, but not to forget you sports fans out there (after all Zack’s into sport, he is a sports talk radio personality) FIFA 12 will also be running competitive team matches on the Saturday, with the possible addition of Madden 12 and NHL 12 (as side games while your waiting your tournament rounds to start).
So pick your game, pick you team and try not to come home empty handed.**
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (4 vs. 4 – $40 each player)
- FIFA 12 – (1 vs. 1 – $25 each)
- Gears of War 3 (2 vs. 2 – $30 each)
- Halo: Reach (2 vs. 2 – $40 each)
- 120 North Queen Street
- Toronto, Ontario
- M8Z 2E2
The promise of games while you wait,
the added possibility of NHL 12 or Madden 12 (if enough people request it), on site laser-tag and a bit of food and drink (including adult beverages for those old enough to enjoy responsibly), and free parking.
Early bird registration is now closed, but if you need more details or really want NHL/Madden to be made available click over here and ask the event organizers.
* The Fan 590 and Got Game are not affiliated with this even as previously published, Zack and the similar names are the only connections between the too and thus my confusion.
**No idea what the prizes are – sorry – trying to find out.
The first of the Scheduled DLC for Gears of War 3 is almost available (Nov 1) for download and it’s packed with fun things for your multiplayer experiences. This DLC will also additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore as part of the upgrade.
The DLC will be available for 800 Microsoft Points or for download automatically to consumers who have purchased the “Gears of War 3” Season Pass, which entitles you to the game’s first four game add-ons at a 33 percent discount, the Horde Command Pack includes:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funnelled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
Sounds like fun regardless if your fighting for the Horde or the COG.
Insomniac Games just announced the US based pre-orders for Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One and here they are:
- Gamestop will get immediate access to our favorite sassy-mouthed synthoid: Mr. Zurkon. (Canada: Same)
- Amazon.com for an exclusive Critter Strike weapon mod, that will turn enemies into Baby T-Rexes! (Canada: Same)
- Best Buy, you’ll get early access to the Pyro Blaster! (Canada: Same + 5$ discount for online order)
- Wal-Mart.com shopper will love the Sheepinator Mod they get for our Critter Strike.
- Target , where buyers get a free voucher for a copy of our fun-sized download adventure: Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (a $15 value!)
Some great deals on a Playstation Classic.
Ubisoft and Nickelodeon have announced a partnership that will see the insanely funny Rabbids on the small screen near you starting in 2013.
The 26 half hour episodes schedules consists of three seven minute segments will air worldwide excluding France (I don’t know why?). This exclusion seems weird to me as Ubisoft France is involved with the creation of the Rabbids and the production of the television series (along side Ubisoft Motion Pictures).
“Nickelodeon is one of the world’s leading entertainment brands for children and families, and Ubisoft is thrilled to be partnering with Nickelodeon to deliver unique television programming to its viewers,” said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer of Ubisoft Motion Pictures. “As the world’s most recognized entertainment brand for children and families, Nickelodeon is the perfect vehicle to share the zany Rabbids characters and their crazy adventures with television audiences around the globe. This partnership represents a major milestone in Ubisoft’s strategy to expand its brands to new media, thereby attracting new audiences to its games.”
Catch the Rabbids in action:
WOOO!!! Just announced by Activision. War for Cybertron was an awesome game. I’m super jacked about this official reveal.
Gamers will finally experience the epic battles that shaped the history of the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS with the fall 2012 release of Activision Publishing, Inc.’s TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON for the Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Currently in development by the acclaimed team at High Moon Studios, TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON takes fans through the final, darkest hours of the civil war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they fight for control of their dying planet, ultimately leading to their storied exodus from home.
More information about the upcoming game can be found in the November 2011 cover story of Game Informer magazine on sale beginning October 14, which will feature never before seen artwork and dual, limited edition covers. Eager fans can visit www.GameInformer.com for updated news, features, interviews and videos throughout the next few weeks.
“High Moon Studios is an extremely talented development team having raised the bar of gameplay and TRANSFORMERS authenticity in their games,” said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. “TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON is an extraordinary project both for the studio and the TRANSFORMERS gaming legacy – the stakes are higher and the scale much larger than ever before, and we absolutely cannot wait for fans to see all the new characters and epic action that awaits them.”
“Hasbro has worked hand in hand with Activision to create a fully original storyline that details the climactic battles leading to the famed exodus of the TRANSFORMERS characters from CYBERTRON,” said Mark Blecher, SVP of Digital Media and Marketing, Hasbro. “Our team at Hasbro is looking forward to exploring and expanding the TRANSFORMERS story again with an incredible blockbuster video game that will blow fans away next year.”
For more information and exclusive updates, fans can visit www.facebook.com/transformersgame and follow the team via Twitter @HighMoonStudios.
Bioware just announced the pre-order bonuses for Mass Effect three and when you order the N7 Collector’s Edition your going to get the Art Book, the Collector Tin Case and exclusive Weapon pack, the Squad appearance pack and Robotic dog for the Normandy. You’ll also find the Extended Soundtrack, an exclusive Dark Horse Comic, additional Missions and bonus Avatars are part of N7 CE.